It looks like something positive to keep me going long term :) So I have decided to try it out, as well. Today is Day 1.
Week One!
Weekly challenge: Pick one unhealthy food or habit you have (eg. Artificial sweetener, chocolate, eating after 8pm, skipping breakfast) and aim to go 7 days without eating/doing it.
Unhealthy Food: Dairy! I will go one week without dairy. Obviously sometimes butter/milk is in things without you even realizing it, but no cheese, etc. (Not gonna lie, I think I might be becoming allergic to dairy, so this is partially to save my throat because it gets so sore whenever I eat dairy these days. BUT, dairy has always been my favorite binge-inducing food group, and imagine how much weight I can lose without it!!!!)
Unhealthy Habit: Going overboard on my weekly binges. I allow myself to binge so as to not slip into an anorexic or bulimic pattern, and also to help my body's metabolism. I know, those are just excuses, but I don't care. I will keep allowing myself to feast. What I want to change, though, is eating too much on the binge. It makes me feel like death. I don't worry about calories on the weekend. So instead, I will just do the 5-bowls diet, which is actually a super good thing to go by if you are just being healthy in general life. Eat 5 bowl-sized meals of anything you want, spaced 2-3 hours apart from each other, per day. You should be fine. That is what I hope to change about my weekend disgustingness. 5 bowls of oreos - no problem, hahaha...well really, it is at least better than eating the entire box at once. Oh and drinking counts as a meal, if I end up drinking.
I am 5'7.5". This morning I weighed 139.5, but let me explain: I often allow myself to binge on the weekends, simply to make enduring the week easier. Friday, after a week of dieting, I weighed 135.5. My starting weight was around 152. So I would say my current weight ranges from 135-145 depending on how good I have been.
As a 20 year old, I realize that my metabolism will eventually slow down, and all these years of yo-yo dieting will inevitably hurt me, which is why I think a realistic long term goal would be 134 instead of something like 110. What I'm saying is that, I would rather consistently weigh 130-140 forever, than drop down to 110 briefly and then balloon back up to 152 (or even higher, because that's what happens after starvation). So realistically, I would like to calibrate my body weight to be 134, and keep that steady with a good diet until my metabolism has adjusted, and then I will hopefully be able to eat whatever I want in the long term, while remaining around 134. (134 is the number I got from the Dukan Diet's "Find Your True Weight" quiz, http://www.dukandiet.com/, which is actually VERY helpful and accurate, I believe). Long story short, at the end of 60 days, I hope to confidently be 134 pounds. But of course, the "recovered" anorexic/exercise bulimic in me wants to be 110. Dreams to be 110. Needs to be 110. I know that even at 129, anything below 130, my particular body frame looks amazingly starved. I would be skinny in the 120s, too, but ughhh, 110, I would be so graceful and perfect and pure. I know, I know. NO. It takes starvation for me to even get below 130.
Side note - you know how they say, for a woman, the ideal weight is 100 pounds for 5 feet tall, then add 5 pounds per inch after 5 feet, and then +/- 10 pounds for large/small frame. To determine your frame size, you measure your wrist circumference. At nearly 5'8" with wrists slightly under 6", I am technically a "small frame." But I have always thought I am "big boned," even if I don't look it. My collarbone pops out even at 150. My ribcage shows at any weight. My hipbones pop out at 145. So I think my frame size is actually "large." But I have a small ribcage - 28". So maybe I am just small on top. I have hugeass thighs. Gross. OK sorry this was totally ADD of me. Anyway, so according to that, my ideal weight is 147 if large frame, and 127 if small frame. My natural weight is totally more like 148, where I can eat whatever I want and not look "bad". So I guess I am a large frame. Who knows.
OK Whatever, I have so much work to do! I love to keep busy, in fact, I HAVE TO keep busy, otherwise I will be too preoccupied with food and trying not to binge. Hence, I am good Monday-Friday, but binge on the weekends.
Good plan!! Stick to it :) "ideal weights" never match with heights i don't reckon...It's just about how you feel inside xx
ReplyDelete