I cannot underestimate a good night's sleep anymore! I feel so much better today. No more eating like a fatty. It's 2 PM here and I've eaten only half my daily amount. And considering my binges usually happen at lunchtime (or so they seem to), I'm pleased with myself. I went back on the scale today after a terrible week of food, and I am exactly the same as I was before! Honestly, I AM HAPPY because I didn't gain, while I expected to gain like 10 pounds, not even exaggerating. So yeah, I am happy. I can start losing again (fresh slate).
Last night after an awful day, I ran 10 miles and did a nice body-toning workout, so I think my net calorie intake yesterday was "normal" according to my body size. So I feel better about everything. Exercising is the best damage control. No chipmunk cheeks, no yellow teeth, no bad breath. Just turning any fat you might have left, into muscle, while giving you endorphins.
That said, it is extremely difficult to exercise with Ana. It's most impossible, for me, in the mornings. By nighttime, I have usually consumed at least something, which gives me more energy to exercise. Also, sometimes I eat a spoonful of peanut butter to get a jolt of protein in my system, which I believe helps. So I exercise last thing at night. I get to the gym at around 8:30, do strength for 30-45 minutes usually (very light weights), then do the ellipticals or track for as much time as my body can.
My body can exercise as long as it wants, because I am in good shape. The problem is if I get bored, I get bored after a minute and can't even run a mile. That's where the Adderall comes in. After a day of taking it as prescribed, there is usually enough still in my system to help me stick to a workout even when my head is wandering. That's nice. But for people without these problems, it's more in your control, which is preferable.
The worst things about exercising are running out of water (stopping to refill stops the workout), and losing circulation in your feet (this is mostly just a problem on the elliptical). So I do interval training where I sprint 2 miles, then jog a quarter mile at about 7-8 minute miles, then sprint 3/4 mile, jog 1/4, sprint 3/4, etc. During the jogging, I do everything I can to regain circulation in my feet. I wiggle my toes, bounce my shoes in the feetslots, anything I can! I must look so weird but I don't care! I would love to hear other tips on circulation problems!!!
Anyway, another note about interval training: I have found that, mentally, it's really good to start strong and finish strong. That's why I sprint my base miles, and that's why I sprint the last 3/4 of every mile. It's a whole lot less frustrating waiting for the 6.25 to reach 7.00 than to wait for the 3.00 to reach 3.75. I'm not sure why, but I think that seeing 5.01 get to 5.02 is REALLY unsatisfying when you are sprinting full force! Hahaha maybe I'm just weird :/
Hopefully I will have another positive update later! I still want to keep reading more blogs, they're so inspirational!
<3
current stats:
height 5'7.25" (every inch counts!)
pounds 134
bmi 20.8
starting stats
pounds 148
bmi 23
gw1.[ ]130 pounds, 20.2 bmi
gw2.[ ]125 pounds, 19.4 bmi
gw3.[ ]120 pounds, 18.7 bmi
gw4.[ ]115 pounds, 17.9 bmi
[ ]now i dare you to call me fat.
Tell me about it- I didn't sleep last night- believe me, I know the value of a good nights sleep! Nice work getting the exercise in- you're doing better than me :P- intervals are great aren't they!
ReplyDeleteKeep going- you can do it!!! xxx
We have extremely similar stats and I can totally remember feeling like you when I was in college (I graduated in '09). I used to go to the gym twice a day, especially during my sophomore year, and was still paranoid about gaining an ounce...
ReplyDelete